Saturday, September 25, 2010

Woooooo!

Undergrad visit was successful (data-gathering wise). My papers should be submitted soon.

Awkwardness occurred due to current PI and my PI for my next rotation in that they fake fought over me. This is awkward. AWKWARD. Current PI keeps on making comments like "You need to work for me, not NextPI." Next PI keeps on making comments like "CurrentPI won't mind if you come work for me." I've decided this is only slightly funny, and mostly awkward. Especially since I haven't even worked for NextPI yet.

Classes started. Let's put it this way: AHHHH HOLY CRAP HOW CAN I BALANCE ALL OF THIS WORK WITH ROTATIONS AND FELLOWSHIP APPS. One of the classes will be simultaneously really cool and filled with so much work. The other 2.5 will be vaguely cool, but still filled with work. Ugh.

But drumroll please....

I'M ON MY FIRST GRAD SCHOOL PAPER!!!

Essentially, some side work I've been doing for one of our lab's collaborators on a different protein is now going to be published. I just found out yesterday, and I'm pumped. My mentor's now joked about "fastest grad school paper publication ever."

This means I'll probably have a publication (this paper's pretty cool and where we're submitting it to is probably going to accept it) and two submitted papers in time for my NSF. Yay! Best early birthday present ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment