Monday, October 11, 2010

Last week of rotation one.

Well, it's a sad/happy/AHHHHHH sort of week. I'm excited to:
a) Not work under Fred anymore.
b) Go and work on the metalloprotein that made me fall in love with metalloproteins.
c) Meet new people.

I'm bummed to:
a) Leave the cool people in current lab.
b) Leave the cool metalloprotein I currently work on.
c) Leave the office that I work in. (I had my desk organized and everything.)
d) Not see our awesome collaborators in the physics department anymore.

I'm flipping out about:
a) The fact that I have been hardcore failing on getting work done on the Hertz/NSF apps.
b) The fact that I have to get used to new people again.
c) The fact that I'll have wombat status, but only vague wombat status because I've worked on this metalloprotein before.
d) That they haven't told us if our rotation choices were confirmed (my next lab was verbally agreed to).

Well, that's about it---and since I've had arguments with Fred about feminism all this past week, here's a piece that I really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment