Sunday, July 18, 2010

PACKING.

Stupid packing. Yesterday I went through all of my upper division chem notes and organized them into a now exploding 3" binder. The irritating part about being a biochemist? I have to do a similar thing with my upper div bio classes. The studyfest has been retired until I move in.

Trying to not freak out, but it's tough not to. *Everything* is up for a flip out moment.

Will all of my crap fit in the car? (Yes, I've thrown out/given away/sold more crap since I packed up at school + my entire family doesn't have to fit in the car this time.)

But what if I forget something vital? (Then I will figure out a way to get it/get a new one.)

But I need to be studying!!! (No, packing is more important.)

I don't have enough time to say goodbye to everyone I want to! (They'll understand. You'll see them when you visit.)

And, of course, the biggest flip out moment (drumroll please):

WHY DID GRAD SCHOOL U EVEN ACCEPT ME I'LL NEVER SURVIVE DID THEY JUST WANT A GUARANTEED FAILFACE IN THE BUNCH I'LL NEVER MAKE FRIENDS BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL BE TOO BUSY LAUGHING AT MY INCOMPETENCE AND NO LAB WILL WANT ME EXCEPT FOR SOME PSYCHO LAB

The worst part about the last one is that I can't seem to completely talk myself out of it. D'oh.

2 comments:

  1. Just ask yourself if a for-profit business would ever invest time and money into someone they knew was going to fail. The answer is always no! Although I realize that in this frame of mind, logic doesn't always win out over pumping adrenaline.

    Also, hi, I'm Michelle. I've been lurking for a short time. I think I found your blog through someone else's blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you! Glad to hear that I'm not completely talking to myself.

    That's definitely the mantra I keep on repeating to myself---unfortunately, the more nervous I get, the less likely I am to listen to my rational side.

    ReplyDelete