Saturday, July 24, 2010

MOVED.

I moved two days ago, dropped my dad off at the airport yesterday (and subsequently missed the internet appointment), and I'm currently sitting in a frozen yogurt shop with free wifi. Man, every time I'm taken away from the internets, I realize how much impact it has on my life.

The roommates will move in either Friday or Saturday (my bet's on Saturday), so I have the apartment to myself for about a week.

The transition is going better than I thought, but I haven't really gotten to the really scary part yet. I just re-emailed the PI to remind her that I'm supposed to start on Monday since she didn't respond back to my email. Must...not...read anything into this (she's missed a few of my emails before, and I'm just assuming it's cause she gets tons of emails).

My mattress hasn't arrived yet (ah, the perils of ordering a super cheap mattress + super cheap shipping), so sleeping has been difficult. I'm guessing that it's going to show up by Monday, since the bed frame already got here. The cat has been hilarious---he keeps on hiding in bizarre places in the apartment. The best so far has been the linen closet. He managed to open the door, jump in, and close the door. And is perfectly content in there, and has repeated the act at least twice more.

Missing home. And the boy. And my friends. And the family.

On the bright side, my terribly worn phone (lasted about 4 years, and has several buttons no longer working and the battery barely holds a charge anymore) has now been replaced! Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment