Friday, March 18, 2011

An ode to coffee.

Dearest coffee,

I knew you in undergrad. We met on a regular basis up until my junior year, when I figured out that both loads of stress and caffeine triggered an irregular heartbeat.

But now, my dear beverage, we have met again.

This quarter was the true beginning of a real relationship---not like the fling we had in college. I consume at least one cup of coffee a day. And while before, I only really enjoyed my lattes and cappuchinos, I will have you any way possible. Coffee, espresso, ridiculously sugary drinks that contain you---anything for my daily fix.

My mood is less than cheerful if we do not meet in the morning. By the afternoon, I am craving a pick-me-up. You, my dear friend, have kept me going during my 7:30am-11:30 pm days (and my normal 12 hour days too). And perhaps due to the fact that I am in a constant state of stress rather than intervals, you have not brought my irregular heartbeat upon me again.

Thank you for everything. Now could you please not cost me as much as you do?

Love,
BotR

1 comment:

  1. Your ode sums up my relationship to this lovely bean. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete