Sunday, May 29, 2011

Awkward sauce.

Um, so Friday was fun. Golden Boy gave a beauuuuuutiful thesis defense. Man, do I hope I kick ass like that hopefully 4 years from now. And then we had a party.

I had a lovely time. This was the boyfriend's first official lab event, so it was nice that he's gotten to meet the coworkers. And celebrating instead of working is awesome. :)

But...so Bossman got tipsy and then proceeded to tell me to not get preggo because then I "wouldn't be able to spend more time in the lab." AWKWARD. First of all, I'm not discussing my reproductive choices with you. Second of all, this is a party. Lay off the lectures. I'm absolutely sure this was a bad joke that went worse (Bossman tends to have those moments), but please---no. This is not something I'm comfortable discussing with my boss.

I reacted as any person who is deeply uncomfortable would: I told him to quit staring at me. He continued on, realized it was inappropriate and he should shut up, and started making fun of me for something else (thank goodness).

But man, AWKWARD. I'm still grumpy over the inappropriate nature of the comment/setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment