Monday, December 6, 2010

Joined a lab!

I have now officially joined a lab!

I'm very excited. Last Friday was the last day of my suck rotation, so I used it mostly for meeting with PI A and PI B since we're supposed to have a decision by today. After talking to both PIs, my fears about group B were dealt with, and so after thinking about it the entire weekend, this morning

I popped the "Will you be my adviser?" question to PI B and he said yes!

Apparently he was very nervous about the fact that he hadn't heard from me until this morning (according to the rest of the lab). However, I guess I'm off! I broke the news to PI A, who was very nice and took it pretty well and she still wants to be on my committee. But now I've gotten a lab notebook, made an appointment with PI B for talking about my project to be, and I'll be claiming a desk/bench space tomorrow before going to their "holiday lunch"!

Too bad PI C didn't actually show up for our "you've finished your rotation" talk this morning. Sigh. Oh well, we're talking tomorrow morning and then I'm doing with these rotation hoops! And now just for the finals...

No comments:

Post a Comment