Monday, December 13, 2010

Home, home on the range.

After my meeting with my PI and my mentor on Friday, I quickly ran as fast as I possibly could to my apartment, bid farewell to my kitty (the roommates are taking care of him), and hopped on a plane back home. On advice from older grad students, I am making it entirely impossible for me to do any lab work by taking a *whole two and a half weeks* off. (All of the first year biochem and chem grad students in my program apparently do the same thing.)

Favorite quote from Friday meeting? My PI to me: "Five years from now, you'll remember this meeting."

Or potentially this quote: "I want us to do not just crystallography, but EPR, ENDOR, *lists some more* but I want us to be spectroscopists as well! I want us to do EVERYTHING!"

Uh ohhhhh.

Just kidding. Sorta. Only slightly nervous from these statements that promise lots and lots and lots of work for me and the 5th year grad student who will be gone in a year.

Therefore, my break so far: sleeping, eating, family, reading and paper reading galore. And some running---a little over a month until my first half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment