Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Uh, ok. What now?

Ok. I've gotten home. My shit all got shoved into the car with my family. There are many boxes in the living room, and much crap in the room that will be vacated by the end of July.

Between a two week family vacation and leaving by the end of July (that's when I've arranged to start early on advice from grad students there), there's absolutely no way I can get a job other than perhaps a few babysitting gigs. So as far as I can tell, I'm here in HomeCity with little to do.

I'm going to try and make the most of it. Here's some plans:
1. Spend time with my sister before she goes abroad in the fall
2. Spend time with my parental units
3. Plan train trip with good friend to OurFriendsCity
4. Hangout with the BFF when she moves to my neck of the woods for grad school :)
5. Get driver's license (I've always lived in a decent area for public transportation, but no more!)
6. Give away craptons of my stuff
7. Read some books that I've always wanted to read
8. Arrange housing/confirm starting early
9. Go to some baseball games
10. Bake with the ex-roomie
11. Get up to 10 mi in my runs
12. Hang with the boy more before I leave
13. Start studying for entrance exams
14. Read papers for first lab
15. Go on a few "by myself" adventures

It's going to be a crazy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment