Saturday, March 27, 2010

An Introduction

Of course, I should get started by introducing myself/why I'm starting this blog.

I'm a female undergrad that's in her last semester of college at a PUI. I'm completing a major in biochemistry, and I'll be starting grad school for my PhD in biochem in Fall 2010. (Not sure where yet...I'll update more on that later.) When not in the lab, I enjoy running and talking endlessly to peers about my research.

When looking around the female science blogging community, I couldn't seem to find anyone who chronicled their experiences from applying and picking a grad school. It's also pretty challenging to find anyone who started blogging early in their grad student career. (Please, please correct me if I'm wrong. I would absolutely love to find other wee future grad students.) I have loved reading other female scientist's blogs, and felt that the advice and wisdom to be gained from these other bloggers was priceless. While I'm pretty sure I won't meet their standards, I figured that I might try and contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment