Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August updates.

For whatever reason, I've been stupidly busy.

My two projects have now expanded into three projects. My bench is a mess. In order to remember all of the things that I have to do every day, I have detailed EVERYTHING in my planner (even stuff like "autoclave more LB"). The pile of plates in my personal mini incubator has grown to a ridiculous level. My desk is piled with papers that I have yet to read. And my monthly goals list that I keep posted above my desk never seems to get shorter, despite the number of things I cross off.

I guess this is what it's like when your project is kind of sort of working?

My hours lately have been...well, for me, I think it's kind of brutal. I get in at 7 and if I'm really lucky, leave at 7:30. Usually I'm not lucky. Usually I'm in here until at least 8:30. More like 9:30.

But you know what? I'm still enjoying it. I definitely get tired. And cranky. And hungry (like I am RIGHT NOW). My (main) project is still really cool. And I am very, very excited to potentially get an undergrad in about a month! (Bossman still has to do the final interview.)

And I get to go home for Fri-Sun! Three straight days without lab? I'll take it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment